Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Moving with a side of drama

We moved... again. I have to write this down because one day I know, I have to, will laugh at the saga that unfolded before my eyes.



Three weeks ago this guy called Belle Hall advertising his moving company. I told him that Frank and I were moving. He jumped on the opportunity to help us out, tons of referrals, right? So he offered me a steal of a deal... we accepted. He called me back and said, you know what, we'll do it for free if you tell everyone. My response, you better believe it!

We got our move in date settled (Wednesday night) and they were to show up at our old place at 6:30pm. Well, I get home and 6:45 at to my shock, they were not there. Whatever, so started loading and working real hard. 7pm then 7:30pm I call them, no answer. I then send a text, no return! THEY DIDN"T SHOW UP! We moved until 1am. But that wasn't enough. We moved for the next two nights. Finally, Friday night at 11:30pm we were in our new place (that looked more like a storage room than home) and in bed.

When I came to work each moring, my poor co-workers were so worried about me. When they said "you look tired", I knew it was bad... that is always code for "you look terrible". Whatever.

I'm okay with the fact that I wore the same clothes for 2 days straight.

I will say that in the last year and a 1/2 of marriage, this is the 6th place that Frank and I have lived. We will be here for awhile. We are protesting our nomadic ways and signed a 13 month lease! Once we are looking like home, I will post some pictures.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...