Friday, November 28, 2008
So here they are:
1. That I am forgiven and redeemed.
2. For my amazing husband that is so kind.
3. That is makes me laugh so hard and is always trying to please me.
4. For my grandma who is a strong wild woman that inspires me.
5. For my sister who likes to laugh and lets me entertain her.
6. For her wild spirit that gets me to do things that I wouldn't normally do.
7. For her listening ears and kind wisdom.
8. For my dad and Cynthia and her girls... they are so kind and are a blast.
9. For our health... we are so blessed.
10. That the family I've lost along the way are in heaven.
11. For my friends that are so wonderful and have become family here.
12. For the first time in my live, I feel as though the friends I have now will be the friends that I will have for the rest of my life.
13. For having a job that is good and dependable.
14. That I have a husband that wants me to fulfill my dreams and aspirations and supports them I think more than I do.
15. I have a car that is dependable and affordable.
16. I have an incredible mother in law.
17. That she teaches me to be strong and loves me like her own.
18. That I don't have to worry about when I can eat next.
19. That pain killers (Advil, Excedrin, Tylenol, etc. ) is easy accessible and affordable.
20. Band-aids are easy to find.
That is all that I have right now.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
What I learned about Maw Maw this weekend:
1. My grandma likes uggs and in fact was about to buy a pair but went for a pair of bass fur lined calf height because they had a zipper.
2. She has had some crazy stuff happen to her.
3. No matter how old you get, you always refer to your true wild woman roots once past the age of 80.
4. The guessing game is over, I finally know how old my grandma is!! 69 does not last forever!!
5. Her new best friend is west Jefferson may be the funniest woman that I have ever met... did I mention that she's 90 and is dating!!! (and by that I mean several men!)
6. Edith, maw's best friend, goes all over and knows everyone in town. She even is going to the sports bar for lunch this week!!!
Over all, West Jefferson is a fun place to visit. But mostly, Maw's house around 7pm is even better, you get to hear of wild stories from these two wild women!!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
This morning while watching our economy tank and seeing senators blaim everyone else for this... I saw a head line that has topped it all. Yes people, I can die a happy woman because PETA went there... they have asked Ben and Jerry to stop using cow's milk in their ice cream and start using breat milk! Yes, I just said breat milk, as in humans!!! OMG! All I can picture is woman lined up in a barn in their own stables getting milked!! HAHA! (seriously, I'm all by my self and I'm laughing so hard at this vision).
Here is the article for you to read yourself... go, I'll wait.
This letter that they sent, I think, is a huge injustice the the human race. I think that it violates all that woman fought for so that we have the rights that we do now. I think that this is opening a can of worms for woman who are in desperate economic situations. Breast milk if worth more than gold! This could cause woman who are not educated enough to lactate longer than you are suppose to causing them to be malnutritioned... so for a so on.
Bottom line... PETA TAKE A CHILL PILL!!
P.S. This would cause a pint to go from $6 to about $50!!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
#8. Sit on a mountain top with no shoes and let my feet hang over.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
We did it! On Sunday with the pouring rain! It was beautiful... the flowers, the ceremony, the bridal party, it was all perfect. The reception went without any hitches. The food was awesome, we danced and drank and were merry. The whole day a testimony to the Lords faithfulness to our relationship with eachother and with him. Our families love each other so much and had such a fun time hanging out. We are so blessed to have eachother and to have friends and family that have gathered around us and cheered us on. We are so thankful to you guys. My one wish is that all girls have sisters and best friends like Emily and Abbi. They rocked it this last week.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
So tonight, Frank came over, even though he wanted to hang out with the boys, to help me move furniture around. He told me that he would, so he did. He shows up and I can tell that he's ready to go and play so I tell him to get the move on. We started to take the grill around the building so that they are by my door... OUCH!! I totally busted my ankle with the grill. I mean there is flesh hanging out of my wound. It was so nasty... and blood everywhere. All over the apartment, all over frank, all over my flipflop.... I know dad, I should have been wearing shoes- shut it!
Frank was amazing, he went into firefighter mode. He got me to the sink where he started cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. I was a mess, I was crying and hooting and holloring. The whole time he was so patient with minimal eye rolling and hushes. He kept saying "I know sugar, I know". We then moved to the couch(which I refer to as torture time!) where he got me cleaned up and bandaged up.
While I'm sure that it is amusing to this of such torture, I think about what a kind person he is. I think that how amazing he is and how gentle his hands are. While they are strong to protect and rough from providing. They are the same kind and gentle hands that cared for me.
It makes me thing of my mighty Lord that has these hand also... He says "Fear not, for I am your God"... how many times a DAY I ignore that. But how many times do I ignore Frank when he shows me that.. NONE! Oh how i am convicted of not trusting and knowing with all my heart!
* I will post a follow up once the nasty part is gone and doesn't make me want to vomit looking at it~
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Are we ready for this, to become one with someone... so give up our right to "our way"? To have to share a bed for the rest of our lives, to have to share groceries, no more "my half of the fridge"! I'm getting ready to have a permanent roommate that is never going to leave, that is always going to be there. What is crazy is that we are going to be legally bound to eachother... what the crack! The best part of this whole thing... I never have to do the break up thing ever again... yahoo!!
Sometimes, I feel like I'm a little late. My girlfriends from high school have been married for years. They are all starting to have babies... seriously? I remember football games and spring breaks! Not bottles and pack and plays. Am I just late on wanting these things?
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Friday, June 27, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
After the service, I was thinking about that little guy and his dad. I have no idea who they are, if the dad is single or if the little boy is his. But it made me think... what an example that guy is. That he would get that little guy dress and take him to church at the "witching hour" in little people's world. That church was more important that bath time, t.v. time or whatever you do at night time when you have little ones. It made me happy for the little guy that he has an example like that.
Then there was the little boy and how precious he was! How he was loving Jesus (okay maybe it was just the music), how he was "clapping" and dancing. Isn't that the way that we are suppose to worship... oblivious to the world around us. Is that was Jesus meant when he said, "Let the children come to me"?
Saturday, June 21, 2008
For the last 2 years, I have had dreams of Franks and my children that we so sweet that they have made me tear up with joy. Last night I dreamt of our wedding day. I (plus my dad and Abbi) have been planning so much that all of this finally came about. I had a vision of what it would all look like.
However, the dream was so vivid as to the scenery, but about the relationships that day. I saw my dad after I was all done up, and we cried. I saw Frank as my dad and I walked down the aisle, and I think that I was smiling in my dream. The day is going to be amazing and I can not wait!!
I can not wait to see where the Lord is leading us and this amazing journey that we are about to embark on together... hang on!! I know that we are going to have the ride of a life time that it is going to be filled with Jesus, laughter and many cigars! 58 days and counting!!
Friday, June 20, 2008
This was a challange given to me about 2 months ago, and here it is:
1. Run a marathon and not pass out
DONE!!! 2. Donate my hair to locks of love.
3. Hit my goal weight and look fabulous!
4. Throw an amazing party for a fabulous friend.
DONE!!!! 5. Get married without a hitch.
6. See clear ocean water.
7. Go to africa
DONE!!!!8. Sit on a mountain top and let my feet hang over the edge... barefoot!
DONE!!! 9. Buy a 4 door car.
10. Make it through my first year of marriage with no babies, no killing eachother and minimal timeouts
11. Go to an outdoor concert or huge festival.
12. Go back to school and finish this time.
13. Start a company
14. Build a savings account.
15. Start a fruitful small group, pref. all women.
16. Be an amazing wife.
17. Read the entire bible, in order, at least once.
DONE!!! 18. Become a regular tither.
19. Buy a house
20. Make the house livable.
DONE!!!21. Go to a winery.
DONE!!!22. Have a beath taking kiss.
23. Get scuba certified.
24. Go to a braves game to see what the fuss is about.
25. Blog regularly.
26. Go the aquarium in Atlanta
DONE!! 27. Have a meaningful job.
28. Eat a 5 star resturant with fabulous company, fabulous shoes and fabulous conversation.
29. Give blood before going to Africa.
30. Buy new bedroom furniture.