Friday, June 27, 2008

New discoveries

I wish that i had blogged about this the day that this picture took place. This is Ben and Henry. They are 2 of the 3 little boys that I watch. We have big fun. We go to the beach, to the park, to get lollipops and sometimes just ride around on the golf cart. I love this. This was one of the first days that I could actually take them to the beach and they could get in. Oh how much fun that is was!! They were confused that I would not let them play with the washed up jellyfish, as they

thought that they were balls. I remember how they thought that the tide was so funny. They just played and played. Their mom and I thought surely they won't need sunscreen, it was only April! No no, Henry (the one on the right, as so burned and he had white marks where the wet sand was stuck. I felt horrible.




What makes me love this this picture and the memories of this day, is the new discoveries. Oh course they played on the beach last summer, but they were too little to remember. I love that everything was new and they could not get enough. They loved the sand, they loved playing together, they loved having their pictures taken. They loved everything.


How often to we take advantage of living here at the beach? Oh it's too hot, it's so windy, it's to .... whatever! What if we didn't have the beach? It is such a reminder that our God is so mighty and faithful. He's as faithful as the tide always comes in and always goes out.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...