Tuesday, July 20, 2010

oh mom...

This has been a long time coming... I have been thinking about this blog post for awhile and have finally muster up the courage to write it.  So go grab a tissue and some coffee.

Mom, I think about you all the time.  There is so much that you have missed... I can't even begin to tell you, but can I?

Dad got married today, it was so weird, I thought that it would be the four of us forever.  Don't worry, she loves us so much and wants us to remember you always, asking us how you do things and what our family did for fun.

I got my braces off today, my teeth look as perfect as your do!

I went to prom, my dress was so pretty and my date was a gentleman.  He got us a huge limo, you would have loved it!

I graduated today mom, it was so weird to look us  and not see you there.  I miss you so much that I
cried on the floor of the coliseum.

I moved to Va to live with Linda and Charlie.  I got to be the "big kid that lived in the basement and drank out of the bottle in the fridge".  We talk about you all the time.  You are right mom, Linda is the best sister anyone could ask for!  I am so thankful that you taught Emily and I to love eachother like you guys did!

I moved to Charleston mom, it's so pretty here. I met a boy and he asked me to move here for him... he broke my heart.  Don't worry, dad came for a few days and made sure that I was okay.  It hurt real bad and I wanted nothing more than to sit on your lap and for you to tell me that it is going to be okay!

Mom, I went on my first date with Frank today, he is different mom!  He is so fun, we had wine on the beach and he loves his family like you told me to look for.  He loves his mom so much and respects her to much, I listened mom, I really did.  He talked me into jumping off a bridge and I did it.  I knew you were right, if you can't laugh with them then they are not worth the time.

Frank asked me to marry him today mom, everyone was there except you and I missed you.  I wish that you were there.  We are getting married at the end of the summer, the best time of year!

We did mom, we got married.  We burned a candle for you.  I can't believe you missed it, it was beautiful.  When we were waiting to talk down the isle, dad told me how proud you would be of me, is true mom?  Are you?

Mom, I'm pregnant, I can't believe it!  A little girl, she will be here in September.  Her name is Annabelle Hart.  Ann- for you mom.  I can't wait to tell her about you and your laugh and your smile and how you were the best mom ever.

I want to be a good mom like you, I wish you were here to tell me all the secrets of making a childhood so magical.

So mom, when I get to heaven, are we still meeting at Jesus feet?

I love you mom and I can't wait to see you!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful, completely beautiful. I love you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...