Friday, January 21, 2011

most random blog ever....

There is so much to talk about!  Let's get started.
First, Frank's Granny is in the hospital with blood clots that are popping up everywhere.  Let's talk about Granny.  I do not know her very well, but I know this.  This woman loves some Jesus.  I mean, she really LOVES Jesus.  She lost the love of her life a few years back and has wanted to "go home" for a while now.  She is always talking about wanting to go to heaven and she doesn't understand why the Lord is keeping her here so long.  Please pray for the family, and for Granny.  Please pray that she will not be in pain and that the Lord will take her home soon.  Pray that the family will be strong for each other in this time!

Now, on to more shallow things (Sorry, you know I don't do well with emotional things!).

Last night I made curry, it was awesome!  It was by far the best curry that I have ever made.  I even got a high five!!
It was rather easy to make and I was pleasantly surprised.  Note to self, make dinner before AB wakes up from her early evening nap or wait will after she goes to bed.  Let me spell G.R.O.U.C.H.Y. baby for you!


It's so easy.  Start with 2 red onions, chop them up!  Two jalapenos- chopped and de-seeded.  1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.  2 garlic cloves chopped finely.  a piece of ginger chopped.  4 tablespoons of olive oil.  Some salt, cumin, cayenne pepper, coriander, mustard seed, and salt.  The recipe also called for peaches (if desired), they are not in season so I skipped them.  Will make this again when they are, I think that it would be delish with them in there!  And some chicken chopped up.  Make jasmine rice according to the package.




First add 2 tablespoons on the olive oil to the skillet and cook the onions until brown.  Add the other dry ingredients.  Cook for about 4 or 5 minutes.  Put on a plate.  Then add the rest of the olive oil and brown the chicken, but don't cook all the way.  (I drain the grease out of the pan) and then added a 1/2 cup of water, the seasoning, then cooked for another minute or two.  I then added the veggie mix to the skillet.  Let cook together for a few more minutes.  Then add a 1/2 cup of light coconut milk to the skillet.  I added a little more because it's delishes!!  



Add a dollop of greek plain yogurt on top!  And serve hot!!



Last but surely not least....  We started AB on solids the other day.  If you have not seen the video, you must see it here.  Wait till the very end.  It's so funny and frank worked so hard on it!!  But this is from this mornings feeding:

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...