Thursday, May 26, 2011

8 months

I can not believe that Annabelle has only been with us for 8 months... what did we do before her??  The 16th marked her 8 month little birthday and I just can not get over how fast time is flying.  My aunt was telling me just the other day how she felt like yesterday she was telling her daughter that it would be 5 years before she had to worry about her little girl starting kindergarten.... Kaleigh starts in the fall.  Jennifer cries about it whenever she talks about it.  I feel the same way, that one morning I'm going to wake up and we are getting ready for school and I'm making PB&J's.  I'm totally not ready for this!!

ANYWAYS, so here we are, 8 months along and this is where AB is:

  • You are long and learn... I mean, you still have your cute little leg rolls, but you are not nearly as heavy as some of your boyfriends.
  • You wear size 3 diapers and 9 month clothes, some 12 months.
  • You think body noises are funny, especially coughing, sneezing and burping.
  • You make the funniest face when you poop (sorry, inappropriate but so funny!!).
  • You are on the verge of crawling any day now.
  • You get on all fours and rock and do this weird army crawl.  You put one hand forward and fall on your face and scoot.
  • You love Dallas and think he is a riot.  You grab his fur relentlessly.  We are working on being gentle- mommy fail here.
  • You are in this akward, weird transition right now where you are not really into your bottle anymore but don't really get the sippy cup yet.  I'm not worried about it because it's so hot outside you will get it soon.
  • You are getting less and less interested in baby food and are really digging feeding yourself and think that big people food is really cool
  • You fake cough for attention.  I laugh.
  • You are a daddy's girl and love to rough house with him.  Just last night he was throwing you on the bed and "wrestling" with you and you just thought it was hilarious.  The other night I was taking a nap and I heard all this racket... you were in your high chair and he was pushing you around the kitchen bumping into things, you were laughing so hard.  
  • You have started talking and are learning social skills for conversation, it's really neat to watch.  You say "ba-ba", "mama" "dada" and "lala".  When you are talking, you pause and let me talk and then you resume.  Precious.
  • You have started kissing.  I use this term VERY loosely as it's an open mouth kiss with licking.  It's wet and messy and we love it!
  • We went to Texas this month and you love your Texas family... and of course they totally are in love with you!  I think that Nanna is your favorite, but don't worry, I won't tell anyone :)
  • You love to flirt, especially with men.  I laugh when you do this.  You will bat your eyes and give them a big ole' smile.
  • You still kick your feet and rub them together.
  • You yell when you are not pleased or need to get some attention... I do not like this and we are working on it.
  • You still are a great sleeper, 12 hours a night and 2 2 hour naps a day with an occasional cat nap in the evening.

We love you sweet baby and can not wait for the next 8 months!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...