Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Social media.

I'm fasting it and I haven't missed it, well maybe just a little.  But let me tell ya, I haven't missed seeing how "perfect" people's lives are on there!  Doesn't it seem like that?  That all of my closest 400+ friends have this perfect life, filled with marital bliss, perfect children that never get off schedule, their spiritual lives are just running over and cookies are baked for their whole neighborhood by 6am.  Seriously!  My friend was telling me about this article that she read, I couldn't find it, but it was talking about how people are killing themselves because they are so depressed, thinking that other people are perfect, based on Facebook.

I started to look through my Facebook and intragram posts... and I was portraying the same thing.  That we are this little perfect family that showers everyday and skips to church with our perfectly ironed clothes and everyone naps blissfully!  Oh that hurts me; let's get real for a second!  Emma Kate wasn't bathed for a few days because I forgot and I realized last night that she had baby funk going on (who admits that?!?), Annabelle was a flipping nightmare all day yesterday because i put her down too early for her afternoon nap and she woke up at 2:30 grouchy... you can imagine how the rest of the day went!  Or that sometimes there are days when I feel like Frank is my roommate rather than my husband.  Or sometimes my kids drive me nuts and I want to go back to work outside of the home.

My point is this, I'm sorry if you thought I have it together and we have this perfect little family with the perfect little marriage and perfect little children (this just made me laugh out loud!).  But we are not.  Shocker, I know!

Now, get over here and vote for us!  Okay?

Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...