Monday, February 20, 2012

A recipe...

So you know I have this addiction that I have to monitor closely or I will spend all day on there.  It has this sick way of thinking that you can be super creative and organized.  In reality, I burn myself every time with the hot glue gun and my "craft time" looks like my one year old did it- true story!

Anyways, I do like to get on there for some good recipes.  I have not been disappointed yet.  I found this one, Taco Chili.  Now let me tell you, I married a texan.  If you do not know one, they are all the same; super proud to be one and will tell you they are one within 30 seconds of starting a conversation.  They are also super picky when it comes to their brisket and chili.  So I was really nervous to make chili.  Frank stopped entering chili cook offs here when, one year the winner had macaroni noodles and vegetables in hers.  He said she won the stew cook off.  Whatever.

So I made it and crossed my fingers.  I had in my mind that he would hate it and make fun of me for the rest of my life.  I was praying that we could work it out in marriage counseling that we would have to have following.

He liked it and so did my sister and dad.  Annabelle ate two kid plates full, that is a lot!!  We killed a whole crock pot full.  I served it with jiffy corn bread and cheese.

Is your mouth watering yet??  Here it is:

1 or 2 onions, chopped.  We love onion, so I did 2.
1 can of black beans
1 can of kidney beans
1 small can of corn
1 can of diced tomatoes with chills
1 can of tomato sauce
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 package of chicken (it called for breast but I used strips. whatever)
1/4 cup of chopped cilantro

Add everything except for the chicken and cilantro.  Lay the chicken on top of the mixture.  Add to the slow cooker for 6 hours.  Ours was ready after 5.  30 minutes before serving, but the chicken in the food processor along with the cilantro and chop up.  Add back to the pot.

Make a pan of corn bread.

YUM YUM YUM!  Sorry I don't have a picture of this goodness.  Enjoy.  You can thank me later :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...