Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stupid, if we said that word.

Do you ever have those moments where you have a light come on in your head?  Or you have something happen and you think that you might be stupid, literally stupid?  That happened today.

So I was getting really frustrated with cloth diapering and the constant fight I was having with the smell of um, ammonia.  I was racking my brain, calling guru's off the internet asking them 9 million questions and talking to friends to figure out what I am doing wrong.  I know AB is not a super heavy wetter... what the heck?!?  I would pull them out of the washing machine and they would smell like nothing and then when I would pull them out of the dryer, BAM, knock your socks off!!  Or I would walk into AB's room in the am and smell it.  I was stripping those things like every other day.So frustrating!

Well, our washing machine broke (don't be confused, there is a relation!).  I already spent one whole day at a friends house using her washing machine and dryer.  So today I loaded up our two loads and headed to another friends.

I was standing on my head pulling laundry out and she had one of those bounce bar holder things attached in the dryer but not the bar.  I asked her why she didn't use it and that she should.  She told me she did until they started cloth diapering.

I started yelling, are you kidding me?!?!  We have one and I swear by it!  That is what has been wrong the whole time.  You can not use dryer sheet, fabric softener or any other goodness on those things.  I was told that but forgot and it's such common knowledge that no one ever asked me or was I thinking!  It now makes sense that they would smell fine out of the washer but then get the funk back after the dryer.

Oh Abbey, your brain is a scary place to be sometimes!

Happy Saturday!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...