Thursday, July 12, 2012


You know when Jesus tells us that we need to be the voice to the voiceless and sometimes we don't know what that may look like?  Maybe we do but we don't know where to start.  Maybe the thought is too overwhelming, we may think too big and we just can't pick and move to Bulgaria and work at an orphanage.  Maybe we work too much and there are literally not enough hours in the day to work, have some family time and then serve at a soup kitchen on a regular basis.  Or maybe you are like me and you have VERY small children that need so much of your time and you have limited resources but you have great ideas.

Did you know that there is still slavery today?  It's called "modern day slavery".  I won't go into the details because I already scratched the surface here.

One of my good girlfriends, her sister lives in Charlotte.  Her company did a bra drive for "Free the girls".  The said sister called her sister (my friend) and asked if her "church friends" would like to participate.  My friend said, let me see what I can do.  63 bras and a week and a half later the sister's team won the contest.

Cute story Abbey!  What's the point?  Here it is:
Free the girls is a non-profit that just kicked off.  They collect gently used bras and ship them to Africa. The women in Africa, who have been rescued from trafficking, are given the bras to sell.  You can read more about their business plans for the girls here.  My friend is doing a HUGE bra drive for all of this month.  There is a competition that she is doing for the one who collects the most bras, you can read about that here.  I just wanted to let you know that if you have some bras that you would like to donate, please email me at:
abbeyalden (at) gmail {dot} com

I know you have tons of them in your drawer!  I didn't think that I did and then I started pulling out the pre-baby pre-nursing bras... yeah, those things will NEVER fit right!!

Will you take a button?  Please do!!  You can add it to your blog!  I know that everyone wants everyone to buy space on their blog, but this is a really good cause.  One that you can get behind and help some ladies out.  They are children, they are moms, they are sisters, they are human.  You can use your little space on the internet to use be an influence, do your little part in such a noble movement!






















mrspatebradrive


There is no bra that they can't sell.  Strapless.  Nursing.  Huge.  Tiny.  Any color, any coverage.  Think about it and email me!

Happy Thursday friends!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...