Sunday, July 5, 2009

~The Robertson Family~


His name is Dallas and we will love him and sqeeze him and keep him forever and ever! That is right my friends, we got a dog! I know what you are thinking... Abbey is NOT an animal lover, I'm so confused! I'm not, don't worry, I just love MY ANIMAL! He's awesome.
Two weeks ago today, Frank and I were at church and there was this man and he had a baby with him that was about negative 3 days old, he was so little. Frank was like "Abbey look, look"... I knew I was toast!

We have been going back and forth about a dog. My vote was a turtle or a fish! My votes kept getting vetoed. I finally caved and Monday morning we went to the JASPCA to just "look". There he was:
It was love at first sight... that is for Frank and formally "Buddy". I was sceptical. The lady at the shelter, Jen, was awesome and she saw something in us that we didn't see. She was awesome, she told us about his previous family. When he came to the shelter, he had an imbedded collar and was terribly scared under his neck. She told us that he was a lot of work, but we could do it! I think he bit me about 10 times in like 5 minutes... I was terrified. Jen was terrified that I had never had a dog and about to take home this hurding dog that still puppy nips and hurds humans.

We went outside to play, I was toast! Frank was falling in love with the animal that I didn't know if I could handle. Frank can barely remember to brush his teeth and load the dishwasher, how can he possible take care of this animal. Is it going to fall on me? All these things are going through my head. When Jen and I were talking while the boys were playing, I was all but dashing for the door. I even asked her if she would come and live with us!

We went to the car to make our final decision... 15 minutes later, we were all piling into the car to take our new addition home with us!


This is my Favorite:



Dallas, we love you so much... welcome to the Family!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...