Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Motherhood

I had, what I was praying would be, my last Dr. appointment this morning.  To be honest, I was hoping to not even make it to the appointment because that would be mean 2 things...
1. Frank would be here for a whole week.
2.  I would be in the hospital having Annabelle and nursing taking care of both of us!

But it didn't happen that way.  On the way home, I was thinking about the whole motherhood thing and what are my expectations of myself in this life long journey.

So here is a charge to myself for the next 70 years:

1.  Laugh, a lot.  Make those days of blowouts and meltdowns seem like they don't matter in the long run.  If you can't laugh, you can't make it, right?
2.  Really enjoy each new phase as it comes.
3.  Be brave!  Let's be honest, I'm a little over whelmed at the responsibility that is coming my way and it's a little scary that I will be held accountable for the things that I teach/ don't teach the little Robertson's.
4.  Love their sweet daddy more and more each day.  There is nothing more comforting than having parents that love each other more than anything.
5.  Really work on their relationships with grandparents, cousins and aunts (yes, my child don't not have an uncle right now... we are working on making them legal through).
6.  To make sure that i forgive myself for the mistakes that their sweet daddy and I will make.
7.  To carve out family time that is fun and making memories that they will carry into adulthood and will pour over into their families.
8.  For Frank and I to leave a legacy for the future Robertson generations.
9.  To make time for myself to make sure that i am not lost in the journey of parenthood.  To make sure that I am the wife that I know Frank needs me to be and the wife that the Lord is calling me to be.  And to make sure that my jeans fit.

I think that is all for now.  I'm sure that there will be more in the years to come or changed as the times change as I get older and add we add more babes to the Team Robertson.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...