Monday, January 9, 2012

Goals...

It's the new year... well, 9 days into the new year and everyone is talking about their "new year's resolutions".  I hate them.  I use to do them.  I lasted a week, okay maybe the first weekend of the new year.  Lose more weight, swear less, more time with Jesus, be a better (fill in relationship status), give more... you get the point.  We put a lot of pressure on ourselves to be super skinny, over committed and super sleep deprived because of the said things above.  So what is the point, Abbey?
My point is this, this is my new year.  My year of no more babes, to feel more like the mom rather than the nanny and the maid, to be a better wife.  And by that, I mean make sure I give my husband some affection, any affection more than once when he gets home or a passing hug in the kitchen (don't judge me, you struggle with it too!!).  I want to get this body looking somewhat decent for this summer.  Lord knows our summers here are from late March to early November, oh wait, it's mid january and it's in the 70's- who am I kidding?!?
So here is the game plan... Our church kicked off a fast today (or last night at sun down, however you chose to do it).  Some are doing the daniel fast, some are doing other things.  This is what I am doing:

  • Getting up before the kiddo's to start my day, rather than jump into it with the first cry.
  • Have some alone time with said morning.
  • Fasting all media; including Facebook, twitter, pinterest and intragram.  All notifications got turned off last night.
  • Pray intentionally for some sweet friends, my family and marriage.  Some are general prayers, some are really BOLD and some are super scary.
  • Do a progressive work out everyday of sit-ups and lunges.  It doesn't matter how skinny or thick those legs are or how flat that tummy may or may not be, jiggle is jiggle.  Right?  Right!
*Side note, I started last night and it literally took all I had to do 6 sit ups!  Frank was in my face coaching me and cheering me along.  It was bad, ya'll.  BAD!  Oh the mess of a body I have after 2 babes in one year!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...